A Singapore Government Agency Website How to identify
Official website links end with .gov.sg

Government agencies communicate via .gov.sg website
(e.g. go.gov.sg/open). Trusted websites

Secure websites use HTTPS

Look for a lock () or https:// as an added precaution.
Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Report to school

Primary schools require you and your child to report to school before your child begins Primary 1. Learn what to expect.

School orientation

You and your child are encouraged to be at the school orientation to attend the familiarisation activities for students and parents.

You can enquire about the following during the school orientation: You will also need to complete administrative forms required by the school and buy school uniforms and textbooks.
  • If you are unable to attend the orientation, you can contact the school to make alternative arrangement.
  • If your child is allocated a place in a school through the P1 registration process but is unable to return to Singapore to start school in January, you can apply for a Leave of Absence (LOA).

School fees and Edusave account

You can find out about: 

Visit our FAQs for more finance-related information.

School smart card (SSC)

Applications for your child’s SSC will be done after the school term begins.
The school will arrange for your child to:
  • Have a photo taken for the SSC.
  • Receive the SSC by the end of April.
No payment is required for your child's first SSC.

While waiting for the SSC

Your child can continue to use their child EZ-Link card.

Loss of SSC

For any loss of SSCs, you will need to make a report to TransitLink. A replacement can be done either online or at a concession card replacement office.

Check with TransitLink for the cost to replace an SSC.
app-orchestrator-timeout="30000" app-environment-override="draft" app-font-family="Arial, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Fira Sans, Droid Sans, Helvetica Neue, sans-serif" >