Boarding Award Scheme: FAQ

  1. How will my child be placed in a hostel?

    MOE will place your child in a hostel near to his school subject to the availability of hostel places.

  2. What is the duration of the award?

    A student who receives the award is eligible to continue receiving the award till he completes his Secondary or Pre-University education in a Singapore mainstream school - as long as both his parents continue to work or reside overseas. Neither parent of the child must be in Singapore for more than 90 days in a calendar year.

  3. What should I do if I decide to relocate back to Singapore during the tenure of the Boarding Award or withdraw my child from the award?

    Parents will need to write in officially to inform Pupil Placement Section of the relocation or decision to withdraw the child from the Boarding Award.

  4. What should I do if my child is not eligible to apply for the Boarding Award but I would like him to stay in a hostel?

    Parents may approach the hostel of choice directly to apply for full-fee paying boarding. The hostel will inform parent directly on the application outcome.