A Singapore Government Agency Website How to identify
Official website links end with .gov.sg

Government agencies communicate via .gov.sg website
(e.g. go.gov.sg/open). Trusted websites

Secure websites use HTTPS

Look for a lock () or https:// as an added precaution.
Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA): Funds balance and usage

Learn how to check the balance in the Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA), and how the funds can be used.

How to check account balance

Call our 24-hour automated PSEA hotline at 6260 0777 to check if you have an active account, your account balance, eligibility to contribute to your PSEA account, and last top-up from the government.

How the funds can be used

Funds can be used to pay for account holder's or their siblings' approved programmes at approved institutions. It can also be used to repay government education loans and financial schemes.

Payment of fees and charges at current institution

You can apply to withdraw the PSEA funds for payment of fees and charges for approved institutions and programmes. Find out if you can and how to do so.

Repayment of loan after leaving the institution

You can use PSEA funds to repay government education loans such as Tuition Fee Loan, Study Loan and Overseas Student Programme Loan, or approved financing schemes such as the CPF Education Loan Scheme. Find out how to apply.

  • The PSEA cannot be used for junior college and Millenia Institute expenses. Students in these schools may use their Edusave Account for such expenses instead. For additional help, students can seek financial assistance or apply for awards and scholarships.
  • You can submit an application to use your sibling's PSEA anytime. However, withdrawals will only be made from your sibling's PSEA when your own PSEA is used up.
  • PSEA funds cannot be used for loans or amounts that had already been paid or to pay for sibling's loans.

Related question

More FAQs on PSEA.