A Singapore Government Agency Website How to identify
Official website links end with .gov.sg

Government agencies communicate via .gov.sg website
(e.g. go.gov.sg/open). Trusted websites

Secure websites use HTTPS

Look for a lock () or https:// as an added precaution.
Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Last Updated: 02 August 2023

Update status of child residing overseas

If your child is residing overseas, you will need to inform MOE when your child is due for Primary 1 (P1) registration. Find out how you can inform us.


If your child is residing overseas in the year they are due for P1 registration, you will need to update MOE of their whereabouts. You must ensure that your child completes their primary education in a national primary school when they return to Singapore if they:
  • Are of compulsory school age (above age 6 and under 15).
  • Have not completed their primary education in a school setting.

When to update

You will need to inform us on your child’s whereabouts between January and June 1 year before they are due to start P1.

This means that you will have to inform us between January and June 2023 if your child is due to start P1 in 2024.

How to update

Complete this form and submit the necessary documents online.

You will know that your submission is successful upon receipt of an acknowledgement email from us.

Documents required

You will need to upload a soft copy of the following documents:
  1. Child’s Birth Certificate.
  2. Child’s Singapore Citizenship Certificate, if not a Singapore Citizen at the time of birth.
  3. Singapore NRIC of both parents.
  4. Letter of Admission from overseas school, if applicable.
  5. Official letter of parent's overseas posting for Singaporeans living overseas.
Each document should not exceed 1MB in size.