A Singapore Government Agency Website How to identify
Official website links end with .gov.sg

Government agencies communicate via .gov.sg website
(e.g. go.gov.sg/open). Trusted websites

Secure websites use HTTPS

Look for a lock () or https:// as an added precaution.
Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Pass matters

Learn about the passes that an international student requires, to stay and work in Singapore.

Long-Term Visit Pass

Upon the expiry of your Student Pass, apply for a 1-year Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) at the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority to remain in Singapore to find employment.

Work pass

When you have found employment, your company will apply a work pass for you from the Ministry of Manpower.

Your LTVP will be cancelled once you have been issued a work pass (for example, Work Permit, S Pass or Employment Pass).

If your employer requires you to verify that you have a 3-year bond with MOE, you can provide your employer with a copy of your Service Obligation Agreement.

If your Long-Term Visit Pass is expiring

If you have been diligently looking for a job but were unable to secure one before the expiry of your LTVP, please complete the TG Enquiry Form and attach:

  1. Front and back copies of your LTVP
  2. Documentary proof of your job search efforts (for example, job applications, interviews attended or rejection letters)

We will contact you to discuss your employment plans and may issue you a letter of support to facilitate the extension of your stay in Singapore.

You and your sureties may be liable to pay liquidated damages if you remain unemployed for a prolonged period.