Last Updated: 24 August 2022

Financial assistance

Singapore Citizens in financial need can get assistance on school fees and other expenses. This applies to government, government-aided, specialised and some independent schools. Learn if your child is eligible.

Eligible Singapore citizens may receive financial help on fees and other school expenses. They include:
  • If your child is in a government or government-aided school, autonomous government or government-aided school or specialised school, you can apply for the MOE Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS).
  • If your child is in a government-funded SPED school, you can apply for the SPED Financial Assistance Scheme.
  • If your child is attending an independent school, NUS High School of Mathematics and Science or School of Science and Technology, you can apply for the MOE Independent School Bursary (ISB) scheme.
  • If your child is attending Singapore Sports School or School of the Arts, you should apply for financial assistance directly with the schools as they have their own financial assistance schemes.
  • If your child is attending MOE Kindergarten (MK), you can find out more about the fees and subsidies in our MK section.
  • If you are a Singapore Citizen taking MOE-subsidised courses in any Post-Secondary Education Institutions (PSEI), you can find out more about the different bursaries and schemes in our financial assistance information for PSEIs.

Financial assistance eligibility checker

Enter the details to check whether your child is eligible for financial assistance in 2022.

From 1 January 2023, MOE will be increasing transport and meal subsidies for primary and secondary students under the MOE FAS and SPED FAS, as well as transport subsidies and bursaries for pre-university students. Learn about it.