Last Updated: 19 February 2021

Flexi-Adjunct School Counsellor (SC) Scheme

If you are registered as a Flexi-Adjunct SC, you may be engaged by schools to provide direct counselling intervention to at-risk students with social-emotional needs and mental health issues. Learn more about the role and how to apply.

Roles and responsibilities

  • Provide direct counselling intervention to at-risk students
  • Provide case consultations to school personnel and parents
  • Provide training to teachers and parents on counselling-related issues


  • Former School Counsellors or
  • Individuals with a relevant counselling qualification recognised by the Singapore Association for Counselling (SAC).

Contract duration

Varies from 1 day to 10 weeks per appointment, depending on the requirements of the school.

Leave benefits

You will be eligible for pro-rated leave benefits after 3 months of cumulative service. Cumulative service refers to contracts that:

  • Last 14 days or more
  • Are renewed within 30 calendar days of the last contract
  • Are at the same school

Note: If your spouse is eligible for maternity or adoption leave, you will still be eligible for shared parental leave even if you have served less than 3 months.

How to register

  1. Submit your application through the Relief Employment Management System (REMS) portal.
  2. Check your application status via REMS. Applications may take up to 4 weeks to process.
  3. If successful, you will be listed in our registry, and schools will contact you directly if they need your services. You may also search job postings for vacancies in schools. Successful registration in REMS 2.0 does not guarantee employment in schools.
Note:If you have submitted an application in REMS 2.0 or are registered in REMS 2.0, we will be migrating your application/registration from REMS 2.0 to REMS by end January 2021.

Help and support

Refer to the user guides on REMS portal if you need more information on how to submit your application, update your personal particulars etc. If you have other queries, such as about salary and CPF payments, you may send us your queries using the REMS enquiry form.