A Singapore Government Agency Website A Singapore Government Agency Website How to identify
Official website links end with .gov.sg

Government agencies communicate via .gov.sg website
(e.g. go.gov.sg/open). Trusted websites

Secure websites use HTTPS

Look for a lock (Lock) or https:// as an added precaution.
Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Last Updated: 18 October 2021

Termination or closure of your school

You will need to notify us if your school is terminated or closed. Learn how to notify us and the documents required.


Only an existing member of your school’s Committee of Management is allowed to apply to terminate or close the school.

You should discharge all your obligations to students and staff before terminating and closing the school.

How to notify

You will need to notify us of your school’s termination or closure online via GoBusiness Licensing.

Follow these steps:

  1. Select “amend existing licence” under the “licence application” menu.
  2. Choose “Ministry of Education” as the government agency.
NoteYou do not need to submit any documents online. Submit them via courier or postal mail after completing the online registration.

For technical assistance in GoBusiness Licensing, you can contact their helpdesk through:

Email: licences-helpdesk@crimsonlogic.com.sg
Tel: +65 6774 1430
Operation hours:
  • From 8am to 8pm on Mondays to Fridays
  • From 8am to 2pm on Saturdays

Documents required

  1. Original hand-signed hardcopy note from owners (if sole-proprietorship) or Partners (if ownership is a partnership business or a limited liability partnership) or Directors’ Resolution (if ownership of school is a company) stating that all obligations to students and staff have been discharged, duly signed and dated by all partners or directors. Note to also include effective date of closure and reason for closure.
  2. Original Certificate of Registration of School and Classroom Accommodation Certificates.

The documents will be processed within 14 days upon our acceptance of the documents. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will delay the processing time.

How to submit your documents

Mail the documents to:

Private Schools Section

MOE HQ, Level 9

1 North Buona Vista Drive

Singapore 138675

Indicate the name of your school, online application ID, date and specify “Termination or closure of school”.

We will notify you through email once your request has been processed. Or, you can check through GoBusiness Licensing.