A Singapore Government Agency Website A Singapore Government Agency Website How to identify
Official website links end with .gov.sg

Government agencies communicate via .gov.sg website
(e.g. go.gov.sg/open). Trusted websites

Secure websites use HTTPS

Look for a lock (Lock) or https:// as an added precaution.
Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Last Updated: 18 October 2021

School relocation or expansion

You will need to notify us if your school is relocating, or undergoing an expansion. Learn how to notify us and the documents required.


You will need to notify us of your school's relocation or expansion online via GoBusiness Licensing. Please ensure that the renovation and furnishing works are completed before notifying us.

Take note of the following when relocating or renovating your school:

  • Check if you need to submit a Change-of-Use application to the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) or Housing and Development Board (HDB).
  • Your school has to be of an acceptable and reasonable size, and it should include:
    • Classrooms.
    • A space for an office or reception.
  • You need to submit building floor plans for alteration or renovation works to the Fire Safety & Shelter Department (FSSD).

How to notify us

Follow these steps:

  1. Select “amend existing licence” under the “licence application” menu.
  2. Choose “Ministry of Education” as the government agency.
NoteYou do not need to submit any documents online. Submit them via courier or postal mail after completing the online registration.

For technical assistance in GoBusiness Licensing, you can contact their helpdesk through:

Email: licences-helpdesk@crimsonlogic.com.sg
Tel: +65 6774 1430
Operation hours:
  • From 8am to 8pm on Mondays to Fridays
  • From 8am to 2pm on Saturdays

Documents required

  1. A1-sized approved Floor Plan by the FSSD.
  2. Fire Safety Certificate.
  3. Grant of Written Permission (URA) or HDB’s Tenancy Agreement.
  4. For relocation: Original Certificate of Registration of School and Classroom Accommodation Certificates. If you have lost the original certificate, you may obtain a Statutory Declaration from a Commissioner of Oaths and submit it to us.
  5. For expansion: Letter from Supervisor to:
    • Indicate that the school is taking up additional unit(s) in the same building or interest in the expansion campus scheme.
    • Confirm that the new campus is owned by the same legal entity and has an identical school management committee as the school that is already registered with us.

The documents will be processed within 14 days upon our acceptance of the documents. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will delay the processing time.

How to submit your documents

You will need to mail the documents to:

Private Schools Section

MOE HQ, Level 9

1 North Buona Vista Drive

Singapore 138675

Indicate the name of your school, online application ID, date and specify “School relocation or expansion”.

After you submit your documents

If your documents and site inspection are satisfactory, you will be notified of the approval through email or SMS. Or, you can check through GoBusiness Licensing.

You should pay the registration fee to GoBusiness Licensing within 60 days upon licence approval. If no payment is received after 60 days, your application will be considered withdrawn and you will have to apply again.

You will receive the relevant certificates after all registration and administrative procedures have been successfully completed.