January 13, 2020
Release of 2019 Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-Level Examination Results
1. Students who sat for the 2019 Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (GCE O-Level) Examination collected their results from their secondary schools today.
2. A total of 24,409 candidates sat for the 2019 GCE O-Level Examination. 24,377 (99.9%) of these candidates have 1 or more O-Level passes. 23,550 (96.5%) and 20,805 (85.2%) of the candidates have 3 or more and 5 or more O-Level passes respectively. The performance of students in this cohort is comparable to the performance of the 2018 cohort.
Joint Admissions Exercise
3. Students who wish to apply for admission to Junior Colleges (JCs), Millennia Institute (MI), polytechnics, and the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) may do so via the Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE) using their O-Level examination results. The JAE registration will open at 3.00pm on Monday, 13 January 2020, and close at 4.00pm on Friday, 17 January 2020.
Education and Career Guidance (ECG)
4. Students who would like guidance on their education options can approach their teachers or the ECG Counsellors supporting their schools. Students can also refer to the interactive MySkillsFuture portal at https://go.gov.sg/mysfsec to find out more about the education options, career pathways and also courses that may be suited to their strengths, interests and abilities.
5. Alternatively, students can make an appointment to see an ECG Counsellor at the MOE ECG Centre @ Grange Road from 6 to 24 January 2020 via the e-Appointment system at http://bit.ly/moe_ecg, calling the ECG hotline at 6831 1420, or emailing MOE_ECG@moe.gov.sg.