August 14, 2018
Recognising Our Students’ Holistic Achievements
1. This year, 196 Special Awards – the highest number in a single year so far – were given out to recognise students’ achievements in both academic and non-academic spheres, including their contributions to the community. Ms Sim Ann, Senior Minister of State for Communications and Information, and Culture, Community and Youth, presented the awards at the Special Awards Presentation Ceremony on 14 August 2018.
2. A total of 188 students from 82 educational institutions received the following awards:
- Prime Minister’s Book Prize (37 recipients)
- Lee Kuan Yew Award for All-Round Excellence (23 recipients)
- Lee Kuan Yew Award for Mathematics and Science (LKY-M&S Secondary and Pre-University) (40 recipients)
- Lee Kuan Yew Award for Outstanding Normal Course Students (10 recipients)
- Lee Kuan Yew Exemplary Student Award (27 recipients)
- Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship to Encourage Upgrading (25 recipients)
- Lee Hsien Loong Award for Outstanding All-Round Achievement (4 recipients)
- Lee Hsien Loong Award for Outstanding Bicultural Students (4 recipients)
- Lee Hsien Loong Award for Special Achievement (2 recipients)
- Lee Hsien Loong Interactive Digital Media Smart Nation Award (18 recipients)
- Sultan Haji Omar Ali Saifuddien Book Prize (6 recipients)
3. More information on the 11 awards can be found in Annex A, while the full list of awardees is in Annex B.