March 29, 2018
Nathan Hartono continues as CPCLL Ambassador for 2018
Singer-songwriter Mr Nathan Hartono （向洋）will continue for the second year as Ambassador for the Committee to Promote Chinese Language Learning (CPCLL) in 2018.
2. Following his success on Chinese reality singing competition “Sing! China” in 2016, Nathan has continued his efforts to improve his Chinese language proficiency and recently released his debut Mandarin single爱超给电. Even as he continues to develop his career in China, Nathan will also be using his social media platforms to engage Singapore students and youths in learning the Chinese language.
3. 肯学敢讲 (which means being willing to learn and daring to speak even if one makes mistakes), was the advice Nathan gave to students last year based on his personal experience. This year, he will be sharing more stories and personal anecdotes about learning Chinese via social media, as he works towards releasing his first ever Mandarin EP. He will also be asking quiz questions with interesting prizes for students via his social media posts.
4. Recounting his experience as the CPCLL Ambassador last year, Nathan said: “I had such a great experience with CPCLL in the past year. Being able to meet the students and interact with them was very encouraging. I saw their curiosity and interest in improving their mother tongue, not just as another subject to get better grades in, but as a very useful life skill. I'm excited to continue this partnership, and hopefully to keep inspiring students to learn and love the Chinese language.”
5. In support of his ambassadorship, Chairperson of CPCLL, Senior Parliamentary Secretary Ms Low Yen Ling said, “Nathan exemplifies the qualities we would like to see in our young today - courage and determination to take up challenges, and to overcome them despite the odds. I hope that Nathan’s music and example will continue to inspire our youths to embrace the Chinese language and enjoy learning it.”
6. For more information on the social media posts from Nathan and updates on CPCLL events, do follow Nathan Hartono on Instagram and Facebook as well as CPCLL on its website, Instagram and Facebook.