October 21, 2016
Ministry of Education Appoints 61 Principals in 2016
1. The Ministry of Education (MOE) will be appointing 61 Principals at the Appointment and Appreciation Ceremony for Principals, which will be held on 29 December 2016. Of these, 13 are newly-appointed Principals (Please refer to Annex for the details).
2. The appointment is an important milestone for the 13 newly-appointed Principals as they assume major responsibilities as leaders in education. For the 48 serving Principals and HQ officers who are assuming new Principalship appointments, it is an affirmation of MOE’s confidence in their abilities to continue guiding our teachers and our students in our schools.
3. The process of systematically appointing and rotating Principals allows schools to benefit from the infusion of fresh perspectives and enables experienced Principals to share best practices across schools. It also gives these Principals the opportunity to take on new challenges as part of their career development.
4. Principals are key to shaping and strengthening the work of our schools. They lead and inspire teachers, and work closely with parents and the community to provide our students with a holistic education.
5. Mr Wong Siew Hoong, Director-General of Education, will present the Letters of Appointment to the Principals at the Appointment and Appreciation Ceremony. The ceremony will also acknowledge the contributions of retiring Principals and Senior Education Officers from MOE HQ who had formerly served as Principals. Acting Minister for Education (Schools), Mr Ng Chee Meng, will be the Guest-of-Honour.