January 07, 2019
Minister for Education to visit Indonesia from 8 - 10 January 2019
1. Minister for Education Mr Ong Ye Kung will be visiting Jakarta and Central Java, Indonesia, from 8 to 10 January 2019.
2. During the visit, Mr Ong will meet Minister for Research, Technology and Higher Education, Mohamad Nasir; Minister for Education and Culture, Muhadjir Effendy; and Minister for Industry, Airlangga Hartarto. Mr Ong will also meet other Indonesian political and business leaders.
3. In Central Java, Mr Ong will visit the Kendal Industrial Park, a joint venture between Singapore’s Sembcorp Development and Indonesia’s PT Jababeka, which was opened by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and Indonesian President Joko Widodo in November 2016. Mr Ong will also visit the recently-launched Kendal Polytechnic.
4. While in Central Java, Mr Ong will also witness the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between Singapore Polytechnic and Indonesia’s Ministry of Industry (MOI), which signals the two countries’ commitment towards strengthening cooperation on vocational training, the development of an innovation centre, and research programmes pertaining to Industry 4.0 in Indonesia.
5. In Jakarta, Mr Ong will visit BLOCK71 Jakarta, a partnership between NUS Enterprise and Indonesia’s Salim Group, which recently expanded to Bandung and Yogyakarta as well.
6. Mr Ong will be accompanied by officials from the Ministry of Education.