May 30, 2019
Eight New MOE Kindergartens Opening in 2022
1. MOE will be opening eight new MOE Kindergartens (MKs) across Singapore in 2022. This is part of our announced expansion to about 50 MKs by 2023, to provide parents with more choices for quality and affordable pre-school places.
2. All eight MKs will be located within primary schools and will offer Kindergarten Care (KCare) services. Please refer to Annex A for the locations of the new MKs. With the opening of these eight MKs, we will have 431 MKs by 2022, providing a total of about 5,800 MK places.
3. Among the eight MKs, MK@Gongshang will be the relocated and renamed site for the current community-based MK@Tampines. This is part of our plans to relocate2 all community-based MKs to nearby primary schools.
4. The eight new MKs will collaborate with Early Years Centres (EYCs) operated by PCF Sparkletots. This collaboration provides a continuum of quality and affordable pre-school services for children aged two months to six years old. Under the MK-Anchor Operator EYC pilot announced in February 2017, all eligible Singapore Citizen and Permanent Resident Nursery 2 (N2) children who are enrolled in these EYCs will be offered a Kindergarten 1 (K1) place in a nearby partner MK. Please refer to Annex A for details of the PCF EYCs partnering the eight MKs.
5. There will be MK places for children who do not come from Early Years Centres. Registration for admission to K1 in 2022 for the eight new MKs will take place in 2021. The registration exercise will be open to Singapore Citizen and Singapore Permanent Resident children born between 2 January 2017 and 1 January 2018 (both dates inclusive). Details of the exercise will be released in 1Q 2021.
6. For parents who require a full-day care service for their child, KCare services are available in all school-based MKs from Mondays to Fridays, 7am to 7pm.
For more information, please visit www.moe.gov.sg/moekindergarten.