May 04, 2018
Appreciating our Culture and Tradition - ‘AADUVOMEY! KONDAADUVOMEY!’
‘மரபையும் பண்பாட்டையும் போற்றுதல்’ - ஆடுவோமே! கொண்டாடுவோமே!
1.Pre-school Tamil Language teachers will have the opportunity to learn how to infuse culture and values while imparting the joy of learning, during the Symposium for Pre-School Tamil Language Teachers 2018 on Saturday, 30 June 2018 at Umar Pulavar Tamil Language Centre.
2. The theme of this year’s symposium is “Appreciating our Culture and Tradition – Aaduvomey! Kondaaduvomey!”. Organised by the Tamil Language Learning and Promotion Committee (TLLPC), the symposium aims to develop and strengthen the capability of pre-school Tamil Language teachers, as they strive to promote Tamil as a living language among the younger generation.
3. Aside from the focus on infusing culture and values in Tamil language lessons, this year’s symposium will also provide a platform for networking opportunities amongst participants.
4. In addition, a mobile app ‘Theenchittu, தேன்சிட்டு’ will be launched at the symposium. Following the launch, teachers and parents will be able to download the app for free. They can then have fun exploring the Tamil Language and its culture together with their preschool-aged children, as they learn about values and traditions through play.
5. Well-known writer and documentary film producer, Mr Bharathi Krishnakumar from Chennai, Tamil Nadu will be giving a keynote address at the symposium on helping children forge the connection between their personal identity and culture. Through four concurrent sessions and a forum discussion, various speakers will also share on the use of traditional songs, stories and games to develop children’s interest in Tamil Language and nurture their development of the language.
6. Admission to the symposium is free. Registration is now open to all pre-school Tamil Language teachers at this link: https://tinyurl.com/TLLPC-Symposium-2018.