Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA): Transfers and contributions

Learn when funds from other accounts, such as the Child Development Account (CDA) and Edusave Account, are transferred to the PSEA, and how contributions to PSEA can be made.

We welcome your feedback!

We would like to hear about your experience using the MOE website to find information on using funds from the Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA). Your feedback will help us to improve our website’s content and usability. We would appreciate 10 minutes of your time to complete this survey.

Take the survey

Transfers to PSEA

From Child Development Account (CDA)

If your child has remaining balance in their CDA, it will be transferred to their PSEA:

  • In the year they turn 7 years old for a child born between 2001 and 2005.
  • In the year they turn 13 years old for a child born after 2005.

The transfer usually happens in end-January of the year. We will send you a letter in end-February to inform you of the amount transferred, how much more you can co-save and how to make further contributions, if applicable.

If you have not saved up to the CDA contribution cap, you can continue to contribute to your child's PSEA and receive the government’s matching grant until the contribution cap is reached, or when your child turns 18 years old, whichever is earlier. Find out how to contribute.

Learn more about the CDA Scheme.

From Edusave Account

If your child has an Edusave Account, the balance will be transferred to their PSEA in the year they turn 17 years of age or is no longer studying in an MOE-funded school, whichever happens later.

We will send you a letter to inform you when the funds are transferred.

To a sibling's account

Before your child’s PSEA is closed in the year they turn 31 years old, they can opt to transfer the balance to their sibling’s existing PSEA.

Contributions to PSEA

You can continue contributing to your child’s PSEA before their 18th birthday if the contribution cap has not been reached. You can do so through the following ways:

AXS kiosk
Follow these steps:
  1. Click on DBS or POSB icon.
  2. Select 'Services'.
  3. Select 'PSEA Services'.
  4. Select 'Top Up PSEA Account'.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the transaction.
Fund transfer for local bank account holders
  • DBS/POSB: Internet banking or mobile banking.
  • OCBC: Fund transfer at bank branch or ATM (select bill code 6001 for ‘MOE PSEA Contribution’).
  • UOB: Fund transfer at bank branch or ATM

You can top up using cash at:

  • Any DBS/POSB, OCBC or UOB bank branch.
  • UOB Cash Deposit Machine.