Last Updated: 18 October 2021

Edusave Account: Usage of funds

Learn how your child can make use of their Edusave funds.

How your child can use their Edusave funds and the period they will receive their annual contributions, depend on the type of school they attend.

  • MOE-Funded Schools include Government and Government-Aided Primary, Secondary, Junior Colleges, Millennia Institute, Independent Secondary and Junior Colleges, Specialised Independent Schools, Specialised Schools, and SPED.
  • Non-MOE-Funded Schools include madrasahs and privately-funded schools.
MOE-Funded Schools

Your child can use their Edusave funds for:

  • Enrichment programmes organised by their schools.
  • 2nd-tier miscellaneous fees.
  • Miscellaneous fees for autonomous government and government-aided schools.
  • Personal learning devices in secondary schools, junior colleges and Millennia Institute under the digital learning programme organised by their schools.

To use your child's Edusave funds, you will need to submit the online Standing Order Form with either parent's SingPass login.

NoteIf your child is studying in an independent or special education school, you should get and submit the completed ad-hoc withdrawal form, from your child's school.
Non-MOE-Funded Schools

Your child can use their Edusave funds for approved enrichment programmes that are:

  • Conducted wholly in Singapore.
  • Organised by their educational institution—if outside of an institutional setting—where they are receiving their education, such as from their parents.

Approved enrichment programmes, such as:

  • Curriculum-related programmes such as speech and drama, creative writing, phonics, creative arts, and science and music enrichment.
  • Enhancement of social emotional learning such as adventure or leadership camps, educational seminars, conferences and motivational workshops.
  • Local educational learning journeys such as visits to the Singapore Science centre, Singapore Zoo, Jurong Bird Park, museums, heritage and cultural visits, and exhibitions.
  • Subscription fees for educational magazines and periodicals such as Young Scientists, Readers' Digest and National Geographic Kids.
  • Registration fees for competitions such as the Mathematical Olympiad Programme.

If your child is studying in a non-MOE-funded school, check with the institution directly on the withdrawal process.

For children who are not in an educational institution, you can submit your withdrawal application to us directly if the programmes are within the approved guidelines. The amount withdrawn will be paid into your child's designated local bank account or an approved joint account. First time claimants are required to submit the Direct Authorisation Form to set up their bank account. Claims can only be done individually.