Private schools conduct their own admission/enrolment exercises. These schools normally make announcements in the media or brochures on the courses they offer and the enrolment dates. Admission/enrolment enquiries are to be made with the school(s) concerned directly. Before enrolment/payment for a course, prospective students ought to check and be satisfied that:
- the school is registered with MOE. (View a sample of the Registration Certificate (32kb .pdf)
- the school has permission to offer the course
- the teacher(s) is / are permitted to teach the course(s)
- the eligibility or entry requirements (if any) specified for the course or examinations are met
- the regulations, terms and conditions stipulated by the school are agreeable
Prospective students could request to view the registration certificate, and the letters of permission for the course(s) and teacher(s) issued by MOE to the school(s).
As there is a wide variety of programmes offered by private schools, it is more practical for these programmes and their quality to be subject to the test of the market. The various efforts by the Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE), SPRING Singapore and the industry will also ensure better standards as well as to protect the interests of students.
Age-limit for enrolment in private schools
Individual private schools have their own regulations on age limit for enrolment into courses of study. Please check with schools concerned for details.
Registering for the Singapore-Cambridge GCE Examinations
Persons wishing to register as candidates in the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education (GCE) examinations [GCE ‘N’, ‘O’ & ‘A’ Levels] may seek more information with the Singapore Examinations & Assessment Board. You may also contact MOE’s Customer Service Centre at 6872 2220.