The content in the beta is accurate and up to date. Feel free to give us your feedback which will help us to improve it!
A Strong Start for Every Child
The early years are crucial for children’s holistic development. A quality pre-school education provides children with opportunities to build self-confidence, learn social skills and develop learning dispositions. These build a strong foundation for children’s future learning.
MOE seeks to raise the quality of kindergarten education by:
Developing curriculum resources to support early childhood educators in creating and delivering quality learning experiences for children four to six years of age;
Providing quality and affordable pre-school education through the MOE Kindergartens; and
Sharing curriculum resources and other good practices with the pre-school sector.
Key Stage Outcomes of Pre-school Education
At the pre-school level, the holistic development of children is most important. The key stage outcomes of pre-school education emphasise the need for children to build up confidence and social skills and be equipped with the necessary knowledge, skills and dispositions for life-long learning. At the end of their pre-school education, children should:
- know what is right and what is wrong
- be willing to share and take turns with others
- be able to relate to others
- be curious and able to explore
- be able to listen and speak with understanding
- be comfortable and happy with themselves
- have developed physical co-ordination, healthy habits, participate in and enjoy a variety of arts experiences
- love their families, friends, teachers and school
Click here for more information on the learning areas and learning goals for the holistic development of children.