At the MOE Kindergartens, Mother Tongue Languages (MTLs) are living languages! We cater to diverse learners and make language learning engaging.
Through purposeful play and quality interactions, we want our children to be active learners of their MTL, to enjoy using it and to communicate in their MTL with confidence.
Hear from our MTL teachers as they share their teaching experiences in the MOE Kindergartens by clicking on the photographs below.
Join us as MTL teachers!
Mdm Wang Qichun
Chinese Language Teacher, MOE Kindergarten @ West Spring
Ms Siti Raudhah Binte Haji Halimi
Malay Language Teacher, MOE Kindergarten @ Tampines
Mdm Reka Sherlin John
Tamil Language Teacher, MOE Kindergarten @ Blangah Rise
Source: ST Careers in Early Childhood Education ©
Singapore Press Holdings Limited. Reproduced with permission.
What your job will entail
- Plan and deliver education programmes for the holistic growth of the children
- Support the development and implementation of teaching and learning approaches and resources, as well as ways to enhance the learning experiences for the children
- Prepare learning materials and conduct age-appropriate programmes
- Provide a positive learning environment and ensure the children's well-being and safety
- Engage parents and partners in education to be involved in learning and development of the children
- Monitor and document children’s growth
Who we are looking for
- Effective communication skills and the ability to engage children
- Nurturing and dedicated to the development and well-being of children
- Applicants should hold a Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education – Teaching (DECCE-T) or Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education – Teaching in Chinese Language (DECCE-T(CL)) (or equivalent)
Remuneration & Benefits
The starting salary for a trained candidate ranges from $2,300 - $4,610.
Your appointment grade and starting salary will commensurate with your qualifications and work experience. You will be granted additional salary increments if you have completed full-time National Service.
Note: The above is applicable to candidates appointed with effect from October 2018. All salaries are subject to review and change.
Other service benefits include:
- School holidays (Teachers can enjoy school holidays if their services are not needed during the holidays.)
- Up to 10 days of leave for Urgent Private Affairs (subject to approval)
- Medical leave - 14 days sick leave (if no hospitalisation) and up to 60 days sick leave (with hospitalisation)
- Subsidised medical and dental benefits
- Use of Government Holiday Bungalows
- Group Insurance Scheme at low premium
To apply, please visit Singapore Public Service Job Portal at www.careers.gov.sg.
We regret that incomplete application forms will not be considered and only short-listed applicants will be notified for interview.
If you are a trained pre-school educator and are interested in relief teaching in MOE Kindergartens, you may put in your application by completing this application form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Untrained applicants may leave your details here to be informed of upcoming sponsorship opportunity for the MOE Kindergarten Teacher Training Programme. Please visit here to learn more about the programme.