MOE Kindergarten Teaching Award
With your guidance and inspiration, our children can venture forth on a journey of life-long learning and self-discovery. You can help them understand our world, not just by growing their knowledge and developing their language competencies, but also by nurturing their social and emotional capacities, so that they too can be active and passionate individuals. Take the first step in igniting their imagination and help make their dreams come alive.
If you enjoy nurturing children and want a dynamic career in Singapore’s pre-school education landscape, then take up the MOE Kindergarten Teaching Award to become an MOE Kindergarten teacher today!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Applicants with the following:
- Singapore citizen, or Singapore Permanent Resident at point of application
- Year 1 or Year 2 students enrolled in one of the following Early Childhood Education Courses
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic Diploma in Child Psychology and Early Education
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic Diploma in Chinese Studies (Chinese Early Childhood Teaching Track)
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic Diploma in Early Childhood Development & Education (2019 intake onwards)
- Temasek Polytechnic Diploma in Early Childhood Studies
- Temasek Polytechnic Diploma in Early Childhood Development & Education (2019 intake onwards)
- Good character, strong leadership qualities & keen passion for pre-school children
- Effective communication skills and the ability to engage children
- Nurturing and dedicated to the development and well-being of children
WHAT THE MOE KINDERGARTEN TEACHING AWARD OFFERS
- Grant of $29,000 to be payable over a few tranches
- Sponsorship of full tuition fees and approved charges
- One-off grant of $1050 for study-related expenses
- Up to $1000 per annum for Early Childhood Education-related supplementary courses supported by the polytechnic (e.g. Speech and Drama)
- Opportunities to participate in HQ and MOE Kindergarten Internship
Awardees are required to serve a 3-year teaching bond at the MOE Kindergartens.
Application for the MOE Kindergarten Teaching Award is open from 13 January to 27 January 2020.
|Step 1: Application
|Step 2: Interview
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview from 10 February to 14 February 2020.
- If you are shortlisted, you will receive an email informing you of the interview details and documents that you are required to bring to the interview.
- To facilitate subsequent processing of your application, please bring all required documents for the interview.
|Step 3: 5-day MOE Kindergarten Experience
- You will go through a compulsory 5-day MOE Kindergarten Experience at the MOE Kindergartens if you are further shortlisted after the interview. Those who are shortlisted for the 5-day stint should hear from us within 2 weeks from the interview. You would be scheduled for the 5-day stint on either of the below periods:
- 2 March – 6 March 2020
- 9 March – 13 March 2020
- After the 5-day MOE Kindergarten Experience, candidates who affirm their interest and are found suitable will be offered sponsorship under the MOE Kindergarten Teaching Award.