The Flexi-Adjunct (FAJ) Scheme allows eligible individuals to join MOE on an adjunct basis to supplement the main MOE Kindergarten (MK) workforce. FAJ(MKE) are deployed to our MOE Kindergartens to provide our young with an enriched learning experience, nurture their social skills and prepare them for lifelong learning.
- Former MK Educators;
- Individuals who possess a DECCE-T (or equivalent); or
- L2 certified Kindergarten Teachers.
- FAJ(MKE) are expected to provide our young with an enriched learning experience, nurture their social skills and prepare them for lifelong learning. FAJ(MKE) also plan and deliver education programmes to help foster holistic learning and development for the children and are involved in parent and community engagement. MOE Kindergarten decides on the deployment of officer based on centre needs.
- Minimum engagement period of 1 day, for approximately 5 hours in a day.
- Capped at 10 weeks per contract to align with an academic term.
- Minimum engagement period of 1 day, for approximately 5 hours in a day, and up to 40 hours per week.
- Eligible for Commitment Incentive (CI) if contract duration is 4 weeks or more, subject to officer fulfilling the contract duration and the committed workload, as agreed upon with their MK.
- CI will be paid in the next payroll cycle following the end of the committed period.
- In-service MK Educators currently on no-pay leave who are registered as FAJ(MKE) are not eligible for CI.
- Wages for work performed between the 1st and 15th (both dates inclusive) of each month will typically be paid on the 23rd of that month, and wages for work performed between the 16th and the last day (both dates inclusive) of each month will typically be paid on the 8th day of the following month.
- Not paid on Sundays and scheduled school holidays. Paid on public holidays that fall within the officer's appointment period.
|Leave Benefits (with effect from 1 Jan 2018)
- Eligible for statutory leave benefits if cumulative length of service is 3 months or more in the same MK. Benefits are pro-rated based on contract duration and workload (where applicable). Exception is for shared parental leave (SPL), where individuals will be eligible for SPL as long as (i) the spouse is eligible for maternity leave or adoption leave and, (ii) has declared that she wishes to share the leave with him.
- Contracts which are (i) 14 calendar days or more, (ii) renewed within 30 calendar days of the previous contract, and (iii) in the same MK, are considered continuous service.
Please refer to the table for details.
- Applicants are to register as FAJ(MKE) online via the Relief Employment Management System (REMS) portal. You will require a valid email account to create a user account to access the system.
- Shortlisted applicants will need to undergo a medical examination and may have to receive vaccinations according to the prevailing guidelines.
- If your application is successful, your name will be included in the registry of successful applicants. MKs will contact you directly if they require your services. Successful registration in REMS does not guarantee employment in MKs.
- Please note that inactive applicants (i.e. applicants who do not have at least one assignment in one year) will be deregistered.
- You can check the status of your application in REMS.
- Processing time may take up to 6 weeks. Due to the volume of applications, some applications may require a longer processing time.
You may contact the REMS helpdesk at:
on the following:
- Submission of application;
- Updating of personal particulars;
- Updating of bank account details;
- Enquiry on salary and CPF payment.
The helpdesk operates on Mon to Fri from 7.30 am to 6.30 pm, excluding public holidays.
For a list of frequently asked questions, please refer to this page.