As a Technical Support Officer in the Ministry’s Headquarters, you will provide engineering support in the production of educational audio and video programmes for broadcast and/or distribution. This includes the operation and maintenance of specialised video/ audio recording, editing, post-production and ancillary equipment systems.
Technical Support Officers may also be deployed to schools as School Laboratory Technicians, Education Workshop Instructors or AVA Technicians:
School Laboratory Technician
You will be responsible for the preparation of reagents and apparatus for lessons and science practical assessments. You will also supervise the laboratory attendants in the management, operation, care and maintenance of the science laboratories in the school.
You will provide AV technical support to staff to facilitate the delivery of lessons and also at school events and functions. You will perform minor servicing for AV equipment and maintain usage and service records of such equipment, and assist in the maintenance of the language laboratory.
- A team player with good communication skills
- Candidates applying for the position of School Laboratory Technician should possess a full GCE ‘A’ Level Certificate; or a Polytechnic Diploma in relevant discipline
- Candidates applying for the position of AVA Technician should possess at least a National Trade Certificate Grade II in relevant discipline
- Candidate applying for the position of Education Workshop Instructor should possess at least a National Trade Certificate Grade II in relevant discipline and at least 3 years of relevant experience in handling Design & Technology equipment
Successful candidates will be offered appointment on contract basis. The appointment grade and starting salary will commensurate with the qualifications and work experience of successful applicants. Those who have completed full-time National Service will be granted increments.
Technical Support Scheme of Service
|Appointment Grade ||Salary Range* |
|Technical Support Officer Grade VIII |
|$1,150 - $2,531 |
|Technical Support Officer Grade VI |
|$1,898 - $3,036 |
*Subject to change hereafter. Prevailing terms will apply.
- 14 days vacation leave
- Medical leave - 14 days sick leave (if no hospitalisation) and up to 60 days sick leave (with hospitalisation)
- Subsidised medical and dental benefits
- Use of Government Holiday Bungalows
- Group Insurance Scheme at low premium
The application for the School Laboratory Technician, AVA Technician and Education Workshop Instructor are currently closed.