Applications for Academic Year 2019 A*STAR Youth Scholarships are now closed. We thank all applicants for their interest.
The A*STAR Youth Scholarship is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE ‘A’-Level) (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary 3 to Pre-University 2 and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
You are welcome to apply for the scholarship if you wish to enter Singapore schools at the Secondary 3 Level in 2019.
If you meet the following criteria, you are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of India
- Born between 2002 and 2004
- Completed Standard 8 in the Year 2018
- Possess outstanding academic track record (at least an average of 80% / minimum ‘A’ with English as first language in the Standards 7 and 8 school final examinations)
- Possess a high level of oral and written competency in English
TEST AND INTERVIEW
The tentative dates of tests, interviews and key activities (which are subject to changes) are:
| Activity || Date |
18 June 2018 to 29 July 2018 |
Selection Test and Interview
||Early October 2018 |
Award of Scholarship
||Early November 2018 |
Arrival of Scholar in Singapore
||Early December 2018 |
You will be notified at least 1 week in advance if you are short-listed for the selection test / interview. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
VENUE OF TEST AND INTERVIEW
- Annual allowance with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance
- Return economy class air passage
- Coverage of school fees
- Coverage of GCE O-Level and A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
Applications have closed.