The application period for the Academic Year 2019 A*STAR Youth Scholarships is from 18 June 2018 (7.30 am India Time) to 22 July 2018 (7.30 pm India Time).
The A*STAR Youth Scholarship is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE ‘A’-Level) (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary 3 to Pre-University 2 and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
You are welcome to apply for the scholarship if you wish to enter Singapore schools at the Secondary 3 Level in 2019.
If you meet the following criteria, you are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of India
- Born between 2002 and 2004
- Completed Standard 8 in the Year 2018
- Possess outstanding academic track record (at least an average of 80% / minimum ‘A’ with English as first language in the Standards 7 and 8 school final examinations)
- Possess a high level of oral and written competency in English
TEST AND INTERVIEW
The tentative dates of tests, interviews and key activities (which are subject to changes) are:
| Activity || Date |
18 June 2018 to 22 July 2018 |
Selection Test and Interview
||Early October 2018 |
Award of Scholarship
||Early November 2018 |
Arrival of Scholar in Singapore
||Early December 2018 |
You will be notified at least 1 week in advance if you are short-listed for the selection test / interview. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
VENUE OF TEST AND INTERVIEW
- Annual allowance with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance
- Return economy class air passage
- Coverage of school fees
- Coverage of GCE O-Level and A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
Please submit your application online via the online application system.
If you encounter difficulties during the application process, you may refer to the Frequently Asked Questions or contact our customer service centre at +65 6872 2220.