Applications for the AY2018 A*STAR Youth Scholarships are now closed. We thank all applicants for their interest.
The A*STAR Youth Scholarship is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’ (GCE ‘A’) Level (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary Three to Pre-University Two and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
Interested candidates who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of India
- Born between 2001 and 2003
- Completed Standard 8 in the Year 2017
- Possess outstanding academic track record (at least an average of 80% / minimum ‘A’ with English as first language in the Standards 7 and 8 school final examinations)
- Possess a high level of oral and written competency in English
Any dates given below are tentative and are subject to changes.
| Activity || Date |
12 June 2017 to 16 July 2017
Selection Test and Interview
Mid to late October 2017
Award of Scholarship
Mid to late November 2017
Arrival of Scholar in Singapore
Late December 2017
Candidates short-listed for the selection test/interview will be notified a week before the selection test/interview dates. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
TEST AND INTERVIEW CITY
- Annual allowance of S$2,200 (Secondary) / S$2,400 (Pre-University) with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of S$400 (once only)
- Return economy class air passage
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE ‘O’ Level and ‘A’ Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
Applications have closed.