MOE offers scholarships to bright young students from ASEAN countries, China and India to study in Singapore. We partner various organisations to administer these scholarships.
While studying in Singapore, students will be given opportunities to broaden their horizons and develop important skills such as leadership, communication and other life skills to equip them for the 21st century. They can also help to promote goodwill and understanding among young people from different countries and Singapore.
This webpage provides information about the ASEAN Scholarships for Thailand.
Applications for ASEAN Scholarships for Thailand are now open till 11 May 2020. Apply now!
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIPS
The ASEAN Scholarships for Thailand are tenable for studies at Secondary 3 or Pre-University 1 in selected Secondary Schools or Junior Colleges, leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE A-Level) (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
CRITERIA & TENURE
Apply now if you meet the following criteria:
|ASEAN Secondary 3 Scholarship
||ASEAN Pre-University Scholarship
- Nationals of Thailand
- Performed consistently well in your school examinations
- Proficient in English
- Good record of participation in co-curricular activities
- Born between 2004 and 2006
- Mathayom 1 and 2 or Mathayom 2 and 3 final year results with a Grade Point Average of 3 and above
- Born between 2002 and 2003
- Mathayom 3 and 4 or Mathayom 4 and 5 final year results with a Grade Point Average of 3 and above
TEST AND INTERVIEW
The tentative dates of tests, interviews and key activities are:
||16 March - 11 May 2020
|Selection Test and Interview
|Award of Scholarship
|Arrival in Singapore
End October 2020 (ASEAN Secondary 3 Scholarship)
January 2021 (ASEAN Pre-University 1 Scholarship)
You will be notified at least 1 week in advance if you are short-listed for the selection test / interview. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
VENUE OF TEST AND INTERVIEW
- Annual allowance with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance
- Return economy class air passage
- Coverage of school fees
- Coverage of GCE O-Level and A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
Please submit your application online by 11 May 2020.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, you may find answers to your queries through the Frequently Asked Questions or contact our customer service centre at +65 68722220.
Please note that the system cannot be accessed during the following scheduled maintenance period:
- 4 April (Saturday), 2 p.m. to 5 April (Sunday), 2 p.m.
- 2 May (Saturday), 2 p.m. to 3 May (Sunday), 2 p.m.