MOE offers scholarships to bright young students from ASEAN countries, China and India to study in Singapore. We partner various organisations to administer these scholarships.
While studying in Singapore, students will be given opportunities to broaden their horizons and develop important skills such as leadership, communication and other life skills to equip them for the 21st century. They can also help to promote goodwill and understanding among young people from different countries and Singapore.
This webpage provides information about the ASEAN Scholarships for the Philippines.
Applications for ASEAN Scholarships for The Philippines are now open till 11 May 2020. Apply now!
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The ASEAN Scholarships for The Philippines is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE A-Level) (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary 3 to Pre-University 2 and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
You are welcome to apply for the Scholarship if you wish to enter Singapore schools at the Secondary 3 Level in 2021.
Apply now if you meet the following criteria:
- National of The Philippines
- Born between 2004 to 2006
- Currently in Grade 9 or above
- Have done consistently well in school examinations
- Proficient in English and possess a good record of participation in Co-curricular activities
Test And Interview
The tentative dates of tests, interviews, and key activities are:
||16 March to 11 May 2020
|Selection Test and Interview
||Late June 2020
|Award of Scholarship
|Arrival in Singapore
||Early December 2020
You will be notified at least 1 week in advance if you are short-listed for the selection test / interview. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Venue Of Test and Interview
- Annual allowance with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance
- Return economy class air passage
- Coverage of school fees
- Coverage of GCE O-Level and A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
Click on the button below to apply now.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, you may find answers to your queries through the Frequently Asked Questions, or you may wish to contact us by visiting our contact page.
All applications should reach the Singapore Ministry of Education by 11 May 2020.
Please note that the system cannot be accessed during the following scheduled maintenance period:
- 4 April (Saturday), 2 p.m. to 5 April (Sunday), 2 p.m.
- 2 May (Saturday), 2 p.m. to 3 May (Sunday), 2 p.m.