Applications for the AY2018 ASEAN Scholarships for Malaysia are now closed. We thank all applicants for their interest.
Students from Malaysia who wish to enter Singapore schools at the Pre-University 1 level under the ASEAN Scholarships are welcome to apply for the Pre-University awards. Candidates who are not short-listed for the scholarships may be considered for the Merit Awards.
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of Malaysia
- Born in 1999 – 2001
- Currently in Form 5 (or equivalent) or have taken the 2016 SPM / GCE O-Level Examination
- Have done consistently well in their school examinations
- Proficiency in English and a good record of participation in co-curricular activities
The dates given below are tentative and are subject to changes.
|Activity ||Date |
|Application Period ||13 February 2017 - 31 March 2017 |
|Selection Test ||June 2017 |
|Selection Interview ||August 2017 |
|Award of Scholarship ||October 2017 |
|Arrival of Scholar in Singapore ||January 2018 |
Candidates short-listed for the selection test/interview will be notified at least 1 week before the selection test / interview dates. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Applications have closed.
TEST AND INTERVIEW CITIES
The selection tests and interviews will be conducted in the following cities:
- Kota Kinabalu
- Kuala Lumpur
Kota Kinabalu, Kuching and Penang may be used as Test / Interview Centre if there are sufficient short-listed candidates.
- Annual allowance of S$2,400 with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of S$500 (once only)
- Return economy class air passage (for East Malaysians) or S$50 return transport allowance (for West Malaysians)
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE O-Level and A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover