The application period for Academic Year 2019 ASEAN Scholarships for Malaysia is from 14 March 2018 (6.00 a.m.) to 11 May 2018 (10.00 p.m.)
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIPS
The ASEAN Pre-University 1 Scholarships is tenable for 2 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE A-Level) (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is for 2 years of Pre-University studies in selected Singapore Junior Colleges and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
If you wish to enter Singapore schools at the Pre-University 1 Level for academic year of 2019, you are welcome to apply.
If you meet the following criteria, you are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of Malaysia
- Born between 2000–2002
- Currently in Form 5 (or equivalent) or have taken the 2017 SPM / GCE O-Level examination
- Have done consistently well in their school examinations
- Proficient in English and a good record of participation in co-curricular activities
TEST AND INTERVIEW
The tentative dates of tests, interviews and key activities (which are subject to changes) are:
|Activity ||Date |
|Application Period ||14 March 2018 - 11 May 2018 |
|Selection Test ||July 2018 |
|Selection Interview ||August / September 2018 |
|Award of Scholarship ||October 2018 |
|Arrival of Scholar in Singapore ||January 2019 |
You will be notified at least 1 week in advance if you are short-listed for the selection test / interview. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
VENUE OF TEST AND INTERVIEW
- Kota Kinabalu
- Kuala Lumpur
Kota Kinabalu, Kuching and Penang may be used as Test / Interview Centre if there are sufficient short-listed candidates.
- Annual allowance with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance
- Return economy class air passage (for East Malaysians) or S$50 return transport allowance (for West Malaysians)
- Coverage of school fees
- Coverage of A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
Please submit your application online via the online application system. If you encounter difficulties during the application process, you may refer to the Frequently Asked Questions or contact our customer service centre at +65 6872 2220.
All applications should reach the Singaore Ministry of Education before the closing date on 11 May 2018.