Applications for ASEAN Scholarships for Malaysia are now open till 1 May 2019. Apply now!
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIPS
The ASEAN Scholarships for Malaysia are tenable for studies at Secondary 1, Secondary 3, or Pre-University 1 in selected Singapore Secondary Schools or Junior Colleges, leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE A-Level) (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
CRITERIA & TENURE
Apply now if you meet the following criteria:
|ASEAN Secondary 1 Scholarship
||ASEAN Secondary 3 Scholarship
- National of Malaysia
- Performed consistently well in your school examinations
- Proficient in English
- Good record of participation in co-curricular activities
- Born between 2005 and 2007
- Currently in Standard 6 or Form 1
- Born between 2003 and 2005
- Currently in Form 2 or 3
- Born between 2001 and 2003
- Currently in Form 5 (or equivalent), or have taken the 2018 SPM / GCE O-Level examination
TEST AND INTERVIEW
The dates of tests, interviews and key activities are:
||11 March - 1 May 2019
|Award of Scholarship
|Arrival in Singapore
End October 2019 (ASEAN Secondary 3 Scholarship)
Early December 2019 (ASEAN Secondary 1 Scholarship)
January 2020 (ASEAN Pre-University 1 Scholarship)
You will be notified at least 1 week in advance if you are short-listed for the selection test / interview. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Selection test and interview may be conducted in the following venues, if there are sufficient short-listed candidates:
- Kota Kinabalu
- Kuala Lumpur
- Annual allowance with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance
- Return economy class air passage (for East Malaysians) or return transport allowance (for West Malaysians)
- Coverage of school fees
- Coverage of GCE O-Level and A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
Please submit your application online by 1 May 2019. If you have any queries regarding the application process, you may find answers to your queries through the Frequently Asked Questions or contact our customer service centre at +65 6872 2220.