MOE offers scholarships to bright young students from ASEAN countries, China and India to study in Singapore. We partner various organisations to administer these scholarships.
While studying in Singapore, students will be given opportunities to broaden their horizons and develop important skills such as leadership, communication and other life skills to equip them for the 21st century. They can also help to promote goodwill and understanding among young people from different countries and Singapore.
This webpage provides information about the ASEAN Scholarships for Malaysia.
Please note that application for the scholarship has closed. We thank all applicants for their interest.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIPS
The ASEAN Scholarships for Malaysia are tenable for studies at Secondary 1, Secondary 3, or Pre-University 1 in selected Singapore Secondary Schools or Junior Colleges, leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE A-Level) (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
CRITERIA & TENURE
Apply now if you meet the following criteria:
|ASEAN Secondary 1 Scholarship
||ASEAN Secondary 3 Scholarship
- National of Malaysia
- Performed consistently well in your school examinations
- Proficient in English
- Good record of participation in co-curricular activities
- Born between 2005 and 2007
- Currently in Standard 6 or Form 1
- Born between 2003 and 2005
- Currently in Form 2 or 3
- Born between 2001 and 2003
- Currently in Form 5 (or equivalent), or have taken the 2018 SPM / GCE O-Level examination
TEST AND INTERVIEW
The dates of tests, interviews and key activities are:
||11 March - 5 May 2019
|Award of Scholarship
|Arrival in Singapore
End October 2019 (ASEAN Secondary 3 Scholarship)
Early December 2019 (ASEAN Secondary 1 Scholarship)
January 2020 (ASEAN Pre-University 1 Scholarship)
You will be notified at least 1 week in advance if you are short-listed for the selection test / interview. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Selection test and interview may be conducted in the following venues, if there are sufficient short-listed candidates:
- Kota Kinabalu
- Kuala Lumpur
- Annual allowance with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance
- Return economy class air passage (for East Malaysians) or return transport allowance (for West Malaysians)
- Coverage of school fees
- Coverage of GCE O-Level and A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
Applications have closed.