Applications for Academic Year 2019 ASEAN Scholarships for Brunei are now closed. We thank all applicants for their interest.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIPS
The ASEAN Pre-University 1 Scholarships is tenable for 2 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE A-Level) (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is for 2 years of Pre-University studies in selected Singapore Junior Colleges and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
If you wish to enter Singapore schools at the Pre-University 1 Level for academic year of 2019, you are welcome to apply.
If you meet the following criteria, you are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of Negara Brunei Darussalam
- Born between 2000–2002
- Currently in Form 5 (or equivalent) or have taken the 2017 GCE O-Level examination
- Have done consistently well in their school examinations
- Proficient in English and a good record of participation in co-curricular activities
TEST AND INTERVIEW
The tentative dates of tests, interviews and key activities (which are subject to changes) are:
|Activity ||Date |
|Application Period ||14 March 2018 - 11 May 2018 |
|Selection Test ||July 2018 |
|Selection Interview ||September 2018 |
|Award of Scholarship ||October 2018 |
|Arrival of Scholar in Singapore ||January 2019 |
You will be notified at least 1 week in advance if you are short-listed for the selection test / interview. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
VENUE OF TEST AND INTERVIEW
- Kota Kinabalu
- Kuala Lumpur
Kota Kinabalu, Kuching and Penang may be used as Test / Interview Centre if there are sufficient short-listed candidates.
- Annual allowance with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance
- Return economy class air passage
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
Applications have closed.