The 2015 DSA-Sec Exercise has closed. The 2016 DSA-Sec Exercise will tentatively be conducted in July 2016. This webpage will be updated by May 2016.
What is DSA-Sec?
The DSA-Sec Exercise was introduced by the Ministry of Education in 2004. It seeks to promote holistic education and provide students an opportunity to demonstrate a more diverse range of achievements and talents in seeking admission to a secondary school.
The DSA-Sec Exercise is an admission exercise to allow participating secondary schools to select some Primary Six (P6) students for admission to Secondary One. The selection will be based on their achievements and talents before the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) results are released.
When is DSA-Sec Conducted?
The 2015 DSA-Sec Exercise will be conducted in 3 stages from 1 Jul 2015 to late Nov 2015.
For more information, please click on the flowchart below and visit the Frequently Asked Questions.
How to Apply?
Visit the participating DSA-Sec school’s websites to check their application dates, areas of focus and their selection criteria and selection processes. View list of participating DSA schools.
You will need to know:
- DSA-Sec Exercise provides an alternative avenue for P6 students to be considered for admission to secondary schools. P6 students have a choice of whether or not to participate in the DSA-Sec Exercise. If they choose not to participate in the DSA-Sec Exercise, they will continue to participate in the Secondary One Posting Exercise after the release of the PSLE results.
- Students who have opted for a school under DSA-Sec Exercise must achieve PSLE results that would enable them to be eligible for admission to a course being offered by their opted DSA-Sec schools.
- Students admitted to a school through DSA-Sec Exercise will not be allowed to participate in the annual Secondary One Posting Exercise as places have already been reserved for them in the DSA-Sec schools.
- Students admitted to a school through DSA-Sec Exercise will not be allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results. They are expected to honour the commitment to the posted DSA school for the duration of the programme admitted to.
- Students should consider carefully before opting for the DSA schools. Students can only amend or withdraw their submitted school preferences before the end of Exercise School Preference (ESP) stage. Any amendment or withdrawal from the exercise will not be allowed after the ESP stage.