To ensure that there is quality leadership in schools.
- Schools Division
- The Schools Division comprises five Branches and one Centre, namely Schools Branch North, Schools Branch South, Schools Branch East, Schools Branch West, School Appraisal Branch and School Cockpit Administration Centre.
- Schools Branch North, South, East & West
- The Zonal Branches oversee the management of all primary and secondary schools, junior colleges and centralised institutes. The schools are grouped into clusters and each cluster is facilitated by a Cluster Superintendent. The Cluster Superintendents in each Zonal Branch develop, guide and supervise the school leadership teams to ensure that schools are effectively run. They ensure that there is networking, sharing and collaboration among the member schools within the cluster so as to raise the capacity of the leadership teams and the level of performance in each school. Cluster Superintendents also play a key role in personnel and financial management. They develop personnel in their clusters according to training needs and identify personnel with potential for career development. They ensure the effective and optimal use of cluster financial resources such as funding worthwhile school projects and activities that help schools to achieve the Desired Outcomes of Education.
- Pre-school Education Branch
- To provide strong support to the MOE Kindergartens and to work closely with Primary Schools with MOE Kindergartens.
- Centre for School Excellence
- The Centre for School Excellence is responsible for matters pertaining to the implementation of the School Excellence Model (SEM) and the MOE Recognition System. The Branch provides consultancy on schools' self-assessment and conducts external validation of schools. It also provides information for continuous school improvement and enables schools to be well organised and managed to provide quality education.
- Schools Corporate Development Branch
- To play a strategic role in coordinating strategic school operations and administration matters.
(a) School Operations and Administration Office (SOAO) which will strategically improve administrative processes and systems in schools, and continue to oversee SD’s internal administrative functions; and (b) the current School Cockpit Admin Centre (SCAC).
- School Operations Policy Branch
- To oversee the formulation, review and monitoring of school-based policies.