Edusave Entrance Scholarships for Independent Schools (EESIS)
1.1 The EESIS are awarded to Singaporean students who are in the top one-third of the total number of secondary 1 pupils admitted to all independent schools (IS)1 , based on their PSLE results.
1.2 The EESIS is also awarded to Primary 6 Gifted Education Programme (GEP) Singaporean students who:
- meet the P6 GEP promotion criteria, and
- are enrolled in the IP in an Independent School at S12.
2. Award Quantum
2.1 The EESIS award quantum is $2,400, or the annual school fees charged by the IS less the annual amount of school and standard miscellaneous fees paid by students in government/ government-aided schools, whichever is lower.
2.2 For students given the EESIS award, and are also:
- admitted to one of the Ministry’s special programmes (e.g., Art Elective Programme, Music Elective Programme); or
- awarded any other fee subsidy or scholarship (e.g., GEP Fees Subsidy, Humanities Scholarship, MOE Pre-University Scholarship, Language Elective Scholarships)
The EESIS award quantum will be the same as 2.1 but less any fee subsidy provided under the special programme, Ministry / school programme or any other scholarship.
3.1 The tenure of the scholarship is 4 years for students who are not in the IP, and 6 years for students in the IP. The scholar must make good progress each year in order to continue receiving the scholarship.
4. Application and Award Process
4.1 Upon the release of the PSLE results, students eligible for the EESIS will be informed. No application is required for the scholarship. Eligible students will be offered the EESIS, provided that:
- they have met the EESIS cut-off score (based on their PSLE aggregate score before any bonus points) and are admitted to an IS; or
- they are eligible P6 GEP students who have met the P6 GEP promotion criteria and are admitted to an IS and enrolled in the IP of that school at Sec 1.
4.2 Upon the release of the school posting results in December, students can check whether they have been offered the EESIS via the Sec 1 Internet System (S1-IS).
4.3 Students eligible for the EESIS who are admitted to secondary schools under the Direct School Admission Exercise will also be offered the scholarship if they are admitted to an appropriate school and / or programme based on their eligibility.
4.4 Students who are subsequently admitted to an IS after the Sec 1 Posting Exercise and have met the eligibility criteria will also be awarded the EESIS.
- The independent schools are Anglo-Chinese School (Independent), Hwa Chong Institution, Methodist Girls’ School, Nanyang Girls’ High School, NUS High School, Raffles Girls School, Raffles Institution, School of the Arts, School of Science & Technology, Singapore Chinese Girls’ School, Singapore Sports School and St Joseph’s Institution.↩
- The independent schools offering Integrated Programme are Anglo-Chinese School (Independent), Hwa Chong Institution, Methodist Girls’ School, Nanyang Girls’ High School, NUS High School, Raffles Girls School, Raffles Institution, Singapore Chinese Girls’ School, St Joseph’s Institution↩