ASEAN Scholarships for The Philippines
The application period for the AY2015 ASEAN Scholarships for The Philippines is from 14 March 2014 (9:00 am) to 9 May 2014 (10:00) pm.
Please submit your application via our online application system.
Please refer to FAQs if you encounter difficulties during application.
The ASEAN Scholarships for The Philippines is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE A-Level) (or equivalent) certificate.
The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary Three to Pre-University Two and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
Students from The Philippines are welcome to apply for the ASEAN Scholarships for The Philippines to enter Singapore schools at the Secondary Three Level. Candidates who are not short-listed for the scholarships will be considered for the Merit Awards.
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of The Philippines
- Born between 1998 to 2000
- Completed at least High School Year 2
- Preference will be given to those who have completed High School Year 3
- Have done consistently well in their school examinations
- Proficiency in English and a good record of participation in co-curricular activities
Any dates given below are tentative and are subject to changes.
|Application Period||14 March to 9 May 2014|
|Selection Test and Interview||End July 2014|
|Award of Scholarship||End September 2014|
|Arrival of Scholar in Singapore||December 2014|
Candidates short-listed for the selection test / interview will be notified a week before the selection test / interview dates. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online. For online scholarship applications, please use the online application system.
If you encounter difficulties in the online application system, you may contact our customer service centre at +65 6872 2220.
All applicants are required to submit certified copies of the following items directly to the Singapore Ministry of Education:
- Birth Certificate;
- Identity Card / Passport (if any); and
- School Examination Result Slips for the last two years.
ASEAN Scholarships (The Philippines) / <Online application number>
Ministry of Education
School Placement & Scholarships Branch
Level 3, Podium Block
1 North Buona Vista Drive
Applications submitted without the aforementioned certified copies will be deemed incomplete. Original documents that are not in English must be officially translated; the translations must be accompanied by a photocopy of the original documents. Please do not send any original documents.
All applications and certified copies of supporting documents should reach the Singapore Ministry of Education before the closing date 9 May 2014.
Test and Interview City
The selection tests and interviews will be conducted in Manila.
Terms and Conditions
- Annual allowance of S$2,200 (Secondary) / S$2,400 (Pre-University) with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of S$400 (once only)
- Return economy class air passage
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE O-Level and A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover