ASEAN Scholarships for Malaysia: Pre-University One Scholarships
The application period for the AY2015 ASEAN Scholarships for Malaysia is from 3 February 2014 (6.00 am) to 28 March 2014 (10.00 pm).
Please submit your application via our online application system.
Please refer to FAQs if you encounter difficulties during application.
Students from Malaysia who wish to enter Singapore schools at the Pre-University 1 level under the ASEAN Scholarships are welcome to apply for the Pre-University awards. Candidates who are not short-listed for the scholarships may be considered for the Merit Awards.
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of Malaysia
- Born in 1996 — 1998
- Currently in Form 5 (or equivalent) or have taken the 2013 SPM / GCE O-Level Examination
- Have done consistently well in their school examinations
- Proficiency in English and a good record of participation in co-curricular activities
Any dates given below are tentative and are subject to changes.
|Application Period||Till 28 March 2014|
|Selection Test||June 2014|
|Selection Interview||August 2014|
|Award of Scholarship||October 2014|
|Arrival of Scholar in Singapore||January 2015|
Candidates short-listed for the selection test/interview will be notified at least 1 week before the selection test / interview dates. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Applicants are to apply on-line by using the online application system.
If you encounter difficulties in the online application system, you may contact our customer service centre at +65 6872 2220.
All applications should reach the Singapore Ministry of Education before the closing date, 28 March 2014.
Test and Interview Cities
The selection tests and interviews will be conducted in the following cities:
- Kota Kinabalu
- Kuala Lumpur
Kota Kinabalu, Kuching and Penang may be used as Test / Interview Centre if there are sufficient short-listed candidates.
Terms and Conditions
- Annual allowance of S$2,400 with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of S$500 (once only)
- Return economy class air passage (for East Malaysians) or S$50 return transport allowance (for West Malaysians)
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE O-Level and A-Level examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover