Pre-University Education

Pre-University Education prepares students for the GCE “A” Level examination at the end of the 2-year junior college or 3-year centralised institute course. Students who completed their pre-university education will receive a School Graduation Certificate1.

Fast Facts

Payment of School Fees

For payment of fees using GIRO, please download the GIRO Application Form (124kb .doc).

Parents who wish to change their GIRO account can go to their banks to effect the change directly. If parents wish to effect the change of GIRO account through MOE, they are to submit the Termination Form (.doc 109kb) together with the new GIRO Application Form to MOE.

For termination of GIRO arrangement, parents can effect the termination at their banks or make the request through MOE by submitting the Termination Form (109kb .doc).

Financial assistance schemes are available to help needy students pay their fees. Parents who wish to apply for financial assistance may approach their child’s school for the application form. You can also download the Financial Assistance Scheme Application Form (86kb .doc). All application forms must be submitted together with the relevant documents to the schools directly.

You may refer to frequently asked questions on school fees.


  1. From 2008, all students who complete their education at the secondary and pre-university levels will receive a comprehensive school testimonial called the School Graduation Certificate from MOE. It includes academic and non-academic achievements and personal qualities.
  2. Annual fee payable is spread over 12 months of the academic year. Students who join on or before 5th February will have to pay fees for January. Those who leave on or after 5th October will have to pay fees for November and December.
  3. Second-tier miscellaneous fee rates are decided by schools. The maximum amount they can charge is 100% of the standard miscellaneous fee rates. Students may apply to use their Edusave accounts to pay the second-tier miscellaneous fees. You can download the Edusave Standing Order Form and submit to the school.
  4. Students may use their Edusave accounts to pay for the portion of Independent Junior College fees that are in excess of the school and standard miscellaneous fees of Government and Government-Aided junior colleges.