2014 Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE)
The 2014 Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE) has closed. The 2015 JAE will tentatively be conducted in January 2015. This webpage will be updated by October 2014.
What is the Joint Admissions Exercise?
The Joint Admissions Exercise (JAE) is conducted annually by the Ministry of Education (MOE) to allow Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level certificate holders to apply for admission to courses offered by:
- Junior Colleges (JC)
- Millennia Institute (MI)
- Polytechnics (Poly)
- Institute of Technical Education (ITE)
Who can participate in the 2014 Joint Admissions Exercise?
For 2014 Joint Admissions Exercise, the following candidates are eligible to participate except those who have been successfully admitted to a JC/Poly through the Direct School Admission-Junior Colleges (DSA-JC) or Direct Polytechnic Admission (DPA)
- All Singapore Citizens (SC) or Permanent Residents (SPR) with valid Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examinations results from any year.
- International students studying in a Government School, Government-Aided School or Independent School in Singapore with valid 2013 Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examination results.
You may refer to eligibility criteria for more information.
When is the Joint Admissions Exercise conducted?
The Joint Admissions Exercise is typically conducted in January after the release of the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level examination results. For 2014 JAE, you may refer to Important Dates for more information.
The JAE is conducted in 3 phases:
- Registration Phase — this phase is for candidates to submit their registration for courses after the release of the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level examination results.
- Posting Phase — this phase is for the posting of applicants to JC / MI / Poly / ITE courses.
- Posting Results Release Phase — this phase is for the release of JAE posting results. Candidates posted to JC/MI are to report to their posted institution on the next working day after the posting results. For candidates posted to Poly, an enrolment package with enrolment details will be sent to them by end February. For candidates posted to ITE, a posting letter will be sent to them within 3 working days upon the release of JAE posting results.
How to apply for the Joint Admissions Exercise?
Applications for courses under the JAE should be submitted online through the JAE Internet System (JAE-IS).
Alternatively, applicants may register at the Ministry of Education, Customer Service Centre during the JAE Registration period. Applicants are required to bring along their original identity card, original Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Examination certificate(s)/result slip(s) and Secondary School report book and/or CCA Certificate(s).
You may refer to the Registration Procedure on the details of the JAE application process.