Selection Criteria and Process
- Able to provide food and drinks that meet the health/nutritional standards set by the Health Promotion Board;
- Able to provide good service and quality food at reasonable prices; and
- Able to observe a high standard of food and personal hygiene.
Appointment of Individual Stallholders in New Schools
- A new school usually invites applications for canteen stalls in August before the school opens in the new year.
- Applications are not selected on a first-come-first serve basis.
- Applicants can obtain the application forms from the Customer Service Centre at MOEHQ, North Buona Vista Drive or download it at MOE Internet.
- The Canteen Selection Committee will select the most suitable candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
- Successful candidates will have to register and pass the Basic Food Hygiene Course (WSQ BFHC) and then apply for a hawker license from National Environment Agency(NEA).
- All applicants will be informed by the school of the outcome of their applications by November/December.
Appointment of stallholders in existing schools
- The school invites new applications when any of the existing stallholder leaves the school. This is usually advertised at MOE Internet, the school gate and at the nearby Community Clubs.
- Applicants should apply to the school directly.
- The School Canteen Committee will evaluate the applications and select the most suitable candidates.
- Successful candidates will have to register and pass the Basic Food Hygiene Course (WSQ BFHC) and then apply for hawker license from the National Environment Agency (NEA).