August 27, 2019
Special Awards to Recognise Students’ Holistic Achievements
This year, 199 Special Awards – the highest number in a single year thus far – were given out to recognise students’ achievements in both academic and non-academic spheres, including their contributions to the community. Second Minister for Education, Ms Indranee Rajah, presented the awards at the Special Awards Presentation Ceremony on 27 August 2019.
2. A total of 1901 students from 82 educational institutions2 received the following awards:
- Prime Minister’s Book Prize (40 recipients)
- Lee Kuan Yew Award for All-Round Excellence (20 recipients)
- Lee Kuan Yew Award for Mathematics and Science (LKY-M&S Secondary and Pre-University) (40 recipients)
- Lee Kuan Yew Award for Outstanding Normal Course Students (10 recipients)
- Lee Kuan Yew Exemplary Student Award (27 recipients)
- Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship to Encourage Upgrading (25 recipients)
- Lee Hsien Loong Award for Outstanding All-Round Achievement (4 recipients)
- Lee Hsien Loong Award for Outstanding Bicultural Students (4 recipients)
- Lee Hsien Loong Award for Special Achievement (2 recipients)
- Lee Hsien Loong Interactive Digital Media Smart Nation Award (21 recipients)
- Sultan Haji Omar Ali Saifuddien Book Prize (6 recipients3)
3. More information on the 11 awards can be found in Annex A, while the full list of awardees is in Annex B.