February 07, 2017
National Registry of Coaches’ Provisional Membership for All MOE-Registered Sports CCA Coaches
1. As part of the Ministry of Education (MOE)’s continual efforts to ensure that students receive high-quality training during their sports Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs), all MOE-registered physical sports CCA coaches in schools are required to obtain provisional membership with the National Registry of Coaches (NROC) by 1 January 2018.
2. This MOE requirement follows Sport Singapore’s (SportSG) introduction of the provisional NROC membership for all physical sports coaches in Singapore in December 2016.
3. Coaches who are NROC members are entitled to various benefits1, including access to professional development courses offered by SportSG and the National Sports Associations. With the requirement for coaches in schools to be provisional NROC members, students who participate in physical sports CCAs can be further assured of quality training experiences. Additionally, schools can be assured that coaches will be continually learning and enhancing their coaching competencies to support the learning of sports and life skills for our students.
4. The provisional NROC membership is free-of-charge and valid for 3 years or until December 2020, whichever is earlier.
5. Current MOE-registered physical sports CCA coaches should be able to obtain provisional NROC membership, as they would have met the necessary requirements, which include:
Completing the Values and Principles in Sports workshop or the National Standards for Youth Sports for Coaching in Singapore Schools workshop, and
Obtaining a valid standard first-aid certification.
6. Coaches are encouraged to register for the provisional NROC membership through SportSG’s website2 with immediate effect.