July 06, 2017
MOE Celebrates Schools’ Efforts in Promoting Positive Peer Influence for Cyber Wellness
1. The inaugural Cyber Wellness Student Ambassadors Summit 2017, featuring the theme “Inspire. Empower. Celebrate.” will be a biennial event to recognise and celebrate schools’ efforts to promote Cyber Wellness via their Student Ambassadors.
2. The Summit is organised by MOE together with a Student Executive Committee (EXCO), comprising student leaders from various schools. This event will be held on 6 July 2017 at Anglo-Chinese School (Independent). More than 800 Cyber Wellness Student Ambassadors and teachers (holding the role of Cyber Wellness Coordinators) will be attending.
3. Guest-of-Honour Associate Professor Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim, Senior Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Social and Family Development, will also be launching a new resource for teachers — the “Cyber Wellness Student Ambassador Training Handbook” - at the event. The Handbook was developed to encourage more student-driven Cyber Wellness initiatives at the school level. (Please refer to Annex A for more information on the Handbook.)
4. Six Cyber Wellness Student Ambassadors will also receive the inaugural “Cyber Wellness Student Ambassador Award” which recognises their commitment and leadership in championing school-wide Cyber Wellness outreach efforts and positively influencing their peers.
5. In addition, fifteen primary schools and thirteen secondary schools will be featured at the Schools Cyber Wellness Student Ambassador Recognition (STAR) Showcase during the Summit. This showcase highlights the commendable student-led efforts and activities in schools to promote cyber wellness. (Please refer to Annex B for the list of STAR showcase schools and award recipients.)