August 02, 2016
5th Year Milestone for Singapore-Industry Scholarship
1. 2016 marks the 5th year of the Singapore-Industry Scholarship (SgIS). Launched in 2012, SgIS is a multi-industry scholarship to groom future Singaporean industry leaders in anchor strategic sectors that are critical for Singapore’s development.1
2. This year, 11 new sponsoring organisations are participating in the SgIS, bringing the total to 51 organisations2 from over 16 industries ranging from engineering, aviation, maritime, healthcare, to lifestyle products and services, and social services. Including the 82 students receiving their scholarship awards today, more than 450 Singaporean students have received the SgIS since its inception.
3. To develop skills and gain industry-relevant professional experiences, scholarship recipients are exposed to various learning and development opportunities. These include sharing sessions with industry experts, internships and mentorships with their Sponsoring Organisations.
4. This year, a new SgIS Leaders’ Forum will be introduced. The forum will feature thought leaders from the public and private sectors, providing an opportunity for the scholars to interact with and gain valuable insights from the rich experiences of these industry thought leaders.
5. By the end of 2016, more than 100 SgIS scholars will have graduated and started work with their Sponsoring Organisations. With a strong focus on skills mastery and continuous learning, the SgIS programme is well placed to groom Singaporean talent into future industry leaders for the different strategic sectors in Singapore.