January 30, 2018
“与声剧来”中文广播剧创作比赛及工作坊 “Script It Right” Chinese Radio Drama Script Writing Competition & Workshops
To boost the learning of Chinese in a fun and interactive way and stimulate students’ interest in the language, the Committee to Promote Chinese Language Learning (CPCLL) will be collaborating with Chinese radio station UFM100.3 to organise the “Script it Right” Chinese Radio Drama Script Writing Competition and Workshops in February 2018.
2. This initiative is targeted at students from secondary schools to tertiary institutions, who will be given opportunities to participate in script writing and sequel writing workshops as well as voice talent training courses. Teachers will also be trained for them to apply those skills back in their own schools.
3. First conceptualised in 2014, the “Script it Right” Chinese Radio Drama Script Writing Competition and Workshops have garnered enormous support and responses from teachers and students in the last three years.
Radio Drama Script Writing Workshops for Students and Teachers
4. This year, students will learn radio drama script writing skills through a series of eight workshops conducted by DJs and a professional scriptwriter. Likewise, teachers will learn relevant radio drama skills to engage their students in the learning of Chinese.
Radio Drama Script Writing Competition and Sequel Writing Workshop
5. The competition will be open to students from secondary schools and tertiary institutions. Participants need to write a radio drama script based on one of the given themes and submit their entries online by 9 April 2018. The best seven scripts and another five commendation scripts will be selected by the judges. Winners will have the opportunity to take part in the production of their own radio drama, as well as a sequel writing workshop to deepen their writing skills based on their own scripts. Selected sequels will be produced and broadcast on air as a post-competition highlight.
Voice Talent Training Course
6. Professional voice talent trainers will also conduct a course to train students to convey their emotions through their voices and use their voices to perform. Selected students will have the opportunity to participate in the radio drama sequels.
7. For more information on the “Script it Right” Chinese Radio Drama Script Writing Competition and Workshops, please visit https://ufm1003.sg.