Continually develop your interests, abilities, and passion; and use them to contribute meaningfully to society through your future professions.
Everyone has a set of unique attributes. The more you know about what you value, what you are interested in, and what you are good at, the more likely you will be able to make good choices in your education and career explorations.
- Learn more about the world of work, education, and career pathways that you can choose. Many pathways are worth taking, and there are opportunities for continuous learning and recognition.
Explore the many possible pathways and develop an understanding about the world of work during the schooling years. There are no dead ends; through CET, you can continue to pursue your aspirations.
- You can take pride in and add value to any job.
Appreciate that each one of us can make the choice to perform our jobs to a high professional standard, and contribute to the bigger outcome.
- Make considered decisions about your education and career plans, and take positive steps to embark on them.
Make decisions based on your interests, attributes, and aspirations, while considering current and future career opportunities. Take ownership of your goals, and take steps towards fulfilling them.
- Develop 21st century competencies, values, and workplace readiness skills to be adaptable and resilient.
To thrive in a globalised economy and navigate meaningfully through life, you must:
- Establish sound values;
- Seize every opportunity to develop transferrable soft skills such as: cross-cultural communication skills, problem-solving skills, and team work;
- Continually develop workplace readiness skills such as literacy, numeracy, and technical skills throughout life.