Last Updated: 21 September 2022

School fees

Use our fees checker to find out the monthly fees for Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents or international students.

Your child's monthly school fees will differ based on their nationality and the type of school they attend.
  • These schools and institutions charge varying fees: Independent schools, specialised independent schools, special education (SPED) schools, specialised schools, polytechnics, the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) and Arts Institutions. Visit their respective websites for the latest fee information.
  • The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries include Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Check your child's school fees

How to pay

You can pay the fees in the following ways:


The following GIRO instructions only apply to existing students. For new students who will be joining our schools in 2023, more instructions will be provided here or through your child’s school by November 2022.
For DBS/POSB and OCBC account holders, you can join the GIRO scheme through your respective online banking portals.

1.Select billing organisation:

  • 'MOE' for DBS/POSB accounts.
  • 'Ministry of Education' for OCBC accounts.

2.Use your child's student ID as the direct debit authorisation reference number.

3.Do not set any deduction limit.

Alternatively, DBS/POSB account holders can also join the GIRO scheme through our online form. You will need to log in using your Singpass.

Other bank account holders can complete a GIRO application form, and submit the original signed form to your child's school.

  • Child Development Account (Baby Bonus Scheme) and Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) account cannot be used.
  • The deduction of school fees will be reflected as "MOE" in your bank book or current account statement.
  • This GIRO instruction will continue as long as your child remains in a government or government-aided school. The same GIRO arrangement will be extended to cover your child’s payment of enrichment programmes, school charges and deductions of national examination fees (Primary School Leaving Examination and GCE examinations), where applicable.
  • Find more information on GIRO scheme with MOE.
  • MOE is currently not on board the eGiro service. More information will be shared when ready.
  1. Launch your preferred payment app from those shown in the bill.
  2. Scan the SGQR.
  3. Check that you are paying to 'Ministry of Education'.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

The SGQR code is unique to each bill. Always use the SGQR code on the latest bill so that your payment will be updated promptly.

SingPost payment channels

SingPost Mobile App

  1. Download the SingPost Mobile App from App Store or Google Play. Create an account using your mobile number.
  2. Select 'Pay with SAM' icon. 
  3. Log in with your 6-digit account PIN. 
  4. Select ‘Education’, followed by 'Ministry of Education'.
  5. Select 'MOE - Student Bill'. 
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions.

SingPost SAM web

  1. Visit
  2. Create and log in to your SAM account.
  3. Select 'Payments'.
  4. Select 'Ministry of Education' under Education.
  5. Select 'Student Bill'.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions.

SingPost SAM kiosk

  1. Locate your nearest SAM kiosk at
  2. At the kiosk, Select 'Payments'.
  3. Select 'Ministry of Education' under Education.
  4. Select 'Student Bill'.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Cash, cheque or cashier's order
You can pay by cash, cheque or cashier’s order at the school. Cheque payment or cashier's order should be made payable to ‘Ministry of Education’.

Please indicate the student’s name, UIN and school name on the reverse side of the cheque. If your cheque is for more than one student, please state the amount for each student.
These modes are applicable for fee payment to primary schools, secondary schools, junior colleges and Millenia Institute. They do not apply for fees payable to MOE Kindergarten, SPED schools, independent schools, polytechnics and the ITE. Visit their respective websites for payment information.

Related question

View all school fees related questions.