Private school operator has to seek permission from the Ministry of Education if he/ she intends to employ a person to teach in the private school. Private school teachers should possess educational qualifications beyond the levels the private school has proposed for them to teach. Their qualifications and knowledge should be related to the subject areas to be taught. The applicants must be able to provide documentary evidence of their educational qualifications, work experience, etc, to support their applications to MOE through the respective private school.
Private schools shall register new teachers through LicenceOne. Please note that the application should be made by an existing member of the private school's Committee of Management. Before doing the online application, please ensure that the following steps are carried out:
- read the information on this web-page thoroughly
- prepare the supporting documents
- ensure that the course(s) for the teacher(s) to teach have been registered or are submitted concurrently for registration with this application. Failure to do so may result in return of application or delay in the processing of your application.
Note: In order for us to process your application promptly, a maximum of 20 teachers would be processed per application via LicenceOne. A complete application with all the necessary documents will be processed within 2 weeks. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will result in a delay of processing time. The teacher can teach the course(s)/subject(s) in the private school only after completion of registration with the Ministry of Education.
Please select “Amend Existing Licence” and choose “Ministry of Education” as the Government Agency when seeking application via LicenceOne. For more information on the online application, please refer to the guide at https://licence1.business.gov.sg/web/frontier/help/amend-existing-licence.
Please prepare the following supporting documents prior to logging online:
- Educational certificates and transcripts (These will need to be notarial-translated if they are not in the English Language)
- Original hand-signed hardcopy Registration of Teacher Form (Form RT) (76kb .doc or 156kb .pdf)
- Photocopy (Front and back) of the NRIC (for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents) or Passport (other nationalities)
- Previous letter(s) from MOE granting the person(s) permission to teach (if applicable)
All hardcopy supporting documents are to be mailed to:
Private Schools Section,
Ministry of Education
1 North Buona Vista Drive,
Upon approval of the application in LicenceOne and the successful completion of all necessary administrative procedures (including payment of registration fees to LicenceOne), a letter permitting the teacher to teach in the school will be issued by MOE. Payment of registration fee to LicenceOne should be made within the grace period of 90 days upon approval. After 90 days, if no payment is received, the application will be deemed withdrawn voluntarily by the applicant. You will then need to re-apply.
For technical assistance in LicenceOne, you may email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can call 6774 1430 from 8am-8pm on Mondays to Fridays and 8am-2pm on Saturdays.