Every school has to be administered by a Committee of Management comprising minimum of one and a maximum of 9 members. The Committee is responsible for ensuring that the provisions of the Education Act (Cap 87), the regulations made thereunder and the terms of its school constitution are complied with.
The Committee of Management of a school will have one of their members as the Supervisor of the school. If a school has only one member in its Committee of Management, the duties to be discharged by the committee will be discharged by that member as the Supervisor.
Members of the Committee of Management (i.e. managers) are expected to be persons of exemplary conduct, possessing the knowledge, management skills and experience in education related matters. Applications by persons with questionable background and/or assessed as lacking in qualifications, skill and experience in educational matters will be rejected.
To add or re-register the members of Committee of Management (i.e. managers), private schools are to submit their applications through LicenceOne. Please note that the application should be made by an existing member of the private school's Committee of Management. Before doing the online application, please ensure that the following steps are carried out:
Note: Members of a Committee of Management should not be teachers or staff to be employed by the proposed school unless they are also ‘owners’ of the school. This is to prevent ‘employer-employee’ conflict of interest situations. A complete application with all the necessary documents will be processed within 2 weeks. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will result in a delay of processing time.
Please select “Amend Existing Licence” and choose “Ministry of Education” as the Government Agency when seeking application via LicenceOne. For more information on the online application, please refer to the guide at https://licence1.business.gov.sg/web/frontier/help/amend-existing-licence.
Please prepare the following supporting documents prior to logging online:
- Latest ACRA BizFILE printout
- Original hand-signed hardcopy of one of the following (depending on the type of entity) – please see “Sample Appointment Notes and Directors’ Resolution for Adding/ Re-Registering School Management Committee (SMC)” below:
- Appointment Note (sole-proprietorship/partnership/limited liabilities partnership)
- Directors’ Resolution (company)
- Minutes of Meeting (others, if applicable)
- Original hand-signed hardcopy Form CM (56kb .doc or 116kb .pdf )for Registration as a Member of Committee of Management (1 form for each member). Photocopy (Front and back) of the NRIC (for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents) or Passport (other nationalities) of each proposed Member of Committee of Management.
- Return of Valid Original Certificate of Registration of Outgoing Supervisor/Members
- Letter from Supervisor indicating if there is any change to the registered courses with MOE
Sample Appointment Notes and Directors’ Resolution for Adding/ Re-Registering School Management Committee (SMC):
Private school operators should check with MOE Private Schools Section if unsure of the “((Years of appointment according to constitution))” and “((Date of next SMC expiry applying for))”.
All hardcopy supporting documents are to be mailed to:
Private Schools Section,
Ministry of Education
1 North Buona Vista Drive,
Please indicate the name of your school, online application ID, date and specify “Addition or Re-registration Committee of Management”.
Upon approval of the application in LicenceOne and the successful completion of all necessary administrative procedures (including payment of registration fees to LicenceOne), the Certificate of Registration of Supervisor / Manager will be issued by MOE. Payment of registration fee to LicenceOne should be made within the grace period of 90 days upon approval. After 90 days, if no payment is received, your application will be deemed withdrawn voluntarily by you. You will then need to re-apply.
For technical assistance in LicenceOne, you may email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can call 6774 1430 from 8am-8pm on Mondays to Fridays and 8am-2pm on Saturdays.