Announcement: Launch of Licensing e-Service Portal - LicenceOne (Beta)
From 3 August 2015, users are advised to access the LicenceOne Portal (Beta) for transactions involving the following Licence:
- Certificate of Registration of School
LicenceOne (Beta) is a new enhanced Government-wide licensing portal for businesses. Businesses can now apply for multiple licences simultaneously, as well as update, renew and terminate your licence through this new portal.
If you have any draft applications or renewals saved in the OBLS, you are advised to submit the required draft applications prior to 1 August 2015. Unsubmitted draft applications will no longer be accessible after this date.
Should you have any queries, please contact 6774 1430 from 8am - 8pm from Mondays to Fridays and 8 am - 2 pm on Saturdays. Alternatively, you can also request for assistance via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
With effect from 21 Dec 2009, Private Education Institutions (PEIs) that fall under the following categories are required to register with the Council for Private Education (CPE) under the new Private Education Act. Please refer to the CPE website for more information.
- PEIs offering education leading to the award of a diploma or degree, or full-time post-secondary education leading to the award of a certificate;
- PEIs offering full-time preparatory courses for entrance / placement tests for joining Ministry of Education (MOE) mainstream schools, or for external examinations; and
- Foreign System Schools (FSS) offering full-time primary or secondary education wholly or substantially in accordance with a foreign or international curriculum
- Privately-funded special education schools
The state is the principal provider of education at primary, secondary and tertiary levels. In the case of non-formal education, the private sector plays the complementary role of running continuing/supplementary education classes in commercial/business studies, computers, languages, fine arts, tuition, etc.
Current regulations require private schools conducting educational courses such as those stated above to be registered with the Ministry of Education (MOE). General enquiries can be made with MOE Customer Service Centre (Tel: 6872-2220) located at Ground Floor, Podium Block, MOE Building.