Put your management skills to the test. Go back to school. Be a Vice Principal (Administration).
As Vice-Principal (Administration), Mr Tham is no stranger to effective problem-solving. The wealth of experience and skills which he has garnered from the manufacturing industry allows him to bring valuable perspectives to his new role. Mr Tham shares about his career switch to the education sector and what makes him look forward to going to work. If you are interested to join us as a Vice-Principal (Administration), apply now at www.moe.gov.sg/careers/executive-administrative
Lee Kee Meng
Vice Principal (Administration), Bendemeer Primary School
More to the Education Industry than Teaching
As a former banker, Kee Meng found that the education sector gave her the opportunity to use her vast experience in business management. “I was already working in the banking sector for 20 years when I thought that I needed a new career that would still value the management skills I acquired, and yet provide new meaning and personal fulfilment for me to give back to the community. When I saw the job description for the Vice-Principal (Administration) position, I felt that the position fitted me to a tee – it re-ignited the passion, energy and enthusiasm I had for work.”
Passion for Developing Leaders of the Future
Kee Meng advises, “Do consider this career option if you have the requisite management skills to value add to the organisation and would like to join the education fraternity. If you have the passion to make a difference and to mould the future of the next generation, you will gain job satisfaction from working in the Education Service.”
As a Vice Principal (Administration), you will be a key member of the school’s senior management team and will be responsible for supporting the holistic education outcomes and learning experience of students through effective school administration and efficient management of resources. You will also lead a team of Executive and Administrative Staff to uphold service excellence in school and work in close collaboration with the teaching staff to achieve the desired school and educational outcomes.
Your key responsibilities include assisting the Principal in the following areas:
School strategic planning and implementation
- Developing the school’s strategic plan and driving continuous improvement
- Building collaborative partnerships and active engagement with key stakeholders to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
School administration and management of resources
- Overseeing finance, procurement, HR, inventory, and student-related administration and operations to ensure compliance with relevant policies/guidelines and procedures and alignment with school’s strategic plan
- Allocating and managing resources efficiently to achieve the school’s goals
- Harnessing IT to increase productivity and enhance school processes
Leadership and management of people
- Leading and motivating the School Admin Team (SAT) through promoting a culture of service excellence and growth; by conducting effective performance management and feedback
School facility and security management
- Overseeing the facility management and operations; and incorporating best practices to ensure a safe and conducive learning environment
- Ensuring appropriate security procedures and measures are in place/ready for implementation when required
- At least 5 years in a leadership position with general management experience. Prior experience in strategic planning, finance and human resource management would be an advantage
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical and leadership skills
- Passion for educating and interacting with students
- A dynamic and highly driven individual with strong communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
To apply, please visit the Singapore Public Service Job Portal at www.careers.gov.sg. Application will close on 19 Jan 2020.
We regret that incomplete applications will not be considered; only short-listed applicants will be notified for an interview.