Put your management skills to the test. Go back to school. Be a Vice Principal (Administration).
As Vice-Principal (Administration), Mr Tham is no stranger to effective problem-solving. The wealth of experience and skills which he has garnered from the manufacturing industry allows him to bring valuable perspectives to his new role. Mr Tham shares about his career switch to the education sector and what makes him look forward to going to work. If you are interested to join us as a Vice-Principal (Administration), apply now at www.moe.gov.sg/careers/executive-administrative
Lee Kee Meng
Vice Principal (Administration), Bendemeer Primary School
More to the Education Industry than Teaching
As a former banker, Kee Meng found that the education sector gave her the opportunity to use her vast experience in business management. “I was already working in the banking sector for 20 years when I thought that I needed a new career that would still value the management skills I acquired, and yet provide new meaning and personal fulfilment for me to give back to the community. When I saw the job description for the Vice-Principal (Administration) position, I felt that the position fitted me to a tee – it re-ignited the passion, energy and enthusiasm I had for work.”
Passion for Developing Leaders of the Future
Kee Meng advises, “Do consider this career option if you have the requisite management skills to value add to the organisation and would like to join the education fraternity. If you have the passion to make a difference and to mould the future of the next generation, you will gain job satisfaction from working in the Education Service.”
As a Vice Principal (Administration), you will be a key member of the school’s senior management team and will oversee all non-curriculum areas as well as enhance holistic education by driving strategic planning and ensuring efficient management of resources. You will also lead a team of Executive and Administrative Staff to achieve excellence in school administration and operational support.
You will assist the Principal in the following key areas:
- Strategic planning and resource management
- School organisation and administration
- Human resource, finance, estate, logistical and general administration matters
- Security and emergency planning for the school
- Communication, publicity and management of public feedback
- Service excellence initiatives and delivery of quality of service to stakeholders
- Management of student affairs, including strategic planning for pupil placement, scholarship matters, recruitment and placement of students as well as administration of student programmes
- Implementation of physical and technological infrastructure upgrading works
- Establishment of knowledge management structures and systems
- At least 5 years in a leadership position with general management experience. Prior experience in strategic planning, financial and human resource management would be an advantage
- Excellent people and leadership skills
- Passion for educating and interacting with youth and children
- A dynamic and highly driven individual with strong communication and analytical skills
- A university degree; those without a degree and with relevant experience and expertise may also apply.
Application for the VP(A) position is currently closed. You may leave your details here and we will inform you when the position is open for recruitment.