As an Outdoor Adventure Educator in the Student Development Curriculum Division, you will be primarily responsible for conducting camping activities for students during their cohort camps conducted at MOE Outdoor Adventure Learning Centre. Beyond conducting activities, you will facilitate students’ reflection and learning based on their experiences through thoughtful guidance and review. You will also be responsible for looking after the mental and psychological well-being of the students throughout the camp.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Conducting adventure camp activities and facilitating students’ reflection and learning
- Giving safety instructions on technical adventure equipment and carrying out procedures to ensure students’ safety
- Providing administrative and logistical support to enable the smooth delivery of the camp activities
- Participating in the planning and evaluation of the camps to ensure learning objectives are achieved
As an OAE, you will typically work five days a week, which may include Saturdays. Given the nature of work, you may be required to stay overnight at the OALC to conduct night activities for students.
- Strong interest in outdoor adventure activities with the aptitude and ability to connect and establish rapport with students
- Willing to work at night and reside at the camp sites for overnight camps
- Physically and medically fit to work outdoors and carry out the adventure activities
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and environments
- Comfortable doing height activities and water activities
- Relevant experience in conducting camping activities for students would be an advantage
- A polytechnic diploma; those without a diploma and with relevant experience may also apply
New Outdoor Adventure Educators will undergo a basic 3-month training programme. You will receive a monthly salary during the training.
As part of career progression, OAEs will have opportunities to build expertise in their areas of specialisation through development programmes. Officers who exhibit good performance and potential may also look forward to higher level appointments.
Outdoor Adventure Educator will be appointed on the Allied Educators Scheme of Service. Successful candidates will be offered appointment on contract basis. The appointment grade and starting salary will commensurate with the qualifications and work experience of successful candidates. Those who have completed full-time National Service will be granted additional salary increments.
The salary range for Allied Educators Scheme of Service is as follows:
|Allied Educators Scheme of Service |
|Appointment Grade ||Salary Range* |
|Allied Educator Grade 14 ||$1,470 – $2,730 |
*Subject to change.
- Vacation Leave - 18 days
- Medical leave - 14 days sick leave (if no hospitalisation) and up to 60 days sick leave (with hospitalisation)
- Subsidised medical and dental benefits
- Use of Government Holiday Bungalows
- Group Insurance Scheme at low premium
To apply, please visit Singapore Public Service Job Portal at www.careers.gov.sg. Application will close on 21 Sep 2018.
We regret that incomplete application forms will not be considered and only short-listed applicants will be notified for interview.